If you think you have been discriminated against or treated unfairly, KCLS can help you make a complaint.


It is unlawful to discriminate against a person in certain areas of public life on any of the following grounds:

  • Race;
  • Gender;
  • Sexual harassment or sexual orientation;
  • Marital status;
  • Age;
  • Disability;
  • Pregnancy or breastfeeding;
  • Political and religious beliefs;
  • Family status or responsibility; and
  • Spent conviction.

Contact KCLS if you think you have been treated less favourably than other people in the same circumstances.

Complaints about public authorities

If you have made a complaint about a public agency in the Kimberley and are not satisfied with their response to your concerns, KCLS can assist you to take your complaint further.

KCLS can help by:

  • Advising you if the law covers your situation;
  • Advising you of your legal options and chances of success;
  • Helping you to make a complaint;
  • Representing you in tribunal or court hearings; and
  • Referring you to the relevant organisations.

Want our help?

Call us for free on 1800 686 020. You can get more information on how to contact KCLS here:

You can contact KCLS by phone to arrange to talk to our staff when they visit your community. KCLS is happy to be invited to talk with groups and at meetings.